Friday, May 15, 2009

How Do Blind People Take Pictures

When I hear about blind musicians, I am simply astonished. A blind painter would really get me off my feet. But a blind photographer is simply surreal.

See some of the works of blind photographers below and you can find the complete compilation here.

Well at some point I was skeptical about people with impaired sight to be on the line which greatly needs the human sense. But there is nothing impossible to a loving and persevered person so I said to myself that I was just wrong with my thinking.


Kurt Weston - Peering Through the Darkness, courtesy of UCR/California Museum of Photography


Bruce Hall - Frenetics, courtesy of UCR/California Museum of Photography

Evgen Bavcar - The Flow of Time, courtesy of UCR/California Museum of Photography

These photographers are indeed talented in their field. Despite their physical limitations, they still managed to do what they wanted to do. Maybe, these things laid in front of them are challenges that they take to show the world that regardless of weaknesses if we persevere, believe, and love, nothing can never be done.

2 comments:

Anonymous Saturday, May 16, 2009 8:39:00 AM  

Well done for checking out your perceptions and featuring this exhibition.

I am a blind photographer myself (well I'm a blind person who takes photographs, let's put it that way). But I don't take photos as a blind person, I just take them as a person. I like taking and sharing them like anybody else. And the camera sees better than me, so everybody wins. It's not some heroic effort to overcome my weaknesses, though.

wendastarr Saturday, August 01, 2009 10:48:00 AM  

an amazing post...keep doing what you are doing...

About This Blog

Extraction Point  © Blogger template 'Star Wars' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP