Thursday, March 26, 2009

Falling In Love with Kiba

This past Saturday, I visited a college friend here in Legazpi. I came to his place around 10 PM and he was so busy watching an anime series in DVD. I was not surprised with him for being too obsessed with animes so I decided to stay for a while to watch with him.

I no longer watch animes in TV and I no longer know what are the recent fad on these things. All I know is that Naruto's very famous these days. I asked Bobet what he's watching and answered Kiba, without looking at me.


Kiba is currently aired by ABS-CBN every 4:30 in the afternoon and nearing conclusion. I never heard of it before so I never dared watching it or googling about it. Yeah, I'm kind of biased here and my doors are already closed. I can never have any favorite anime except Samurai X and B't X... But as I was watching with Bet that night, I get to notice something with Kiba. The story line was so pure and direct and not complicated. When I say it's not complicated I mean that it's not to deep something that one can easily fathom. I say that the story is more of political in nature. And I can sense a deeper and more serious theme discussed in Kiba. In fact I believe that Kiba has a concealed message that will be exposed automatically to those who really seek it.


Kiba's story revolves around 3 characters; Zed, Rouia, and Noa. Noa and Zed are bestfriends from the place called Calm. Apparently, they wanted to leave Calm and find a peaceful territory. An accident happened and both Zed and Noa were taken by a force through a portal to unknown territories. Later they knew that they were sent to Tempura and Neotopia - Zed being sent to Tempura and Noa to Neotopia. These two territories is a part of the chaotic world that is composed of other nations such as Task, Jimoto, Ulbacus, etc. Because the world is at war, one nation greatly aims for power through acquiring Key Spirits in order to gain supremacy over the other nations. Luckily for Tempura and Neotopia, Zed and Noa had been chosen by Amil Gaoul and Shachira respectively - two of the six Key Spirits. The Key Spirits are said to have the power to change the world for the better or destroy it.

The story runs from simple scenes of friendship, tackles basic human quests for power, greed, and selfishness that would lead to conspiracy and deception. Oh by the way, the nations that I said part of the world Zed has been sent, they have different characteristics and forms of government - a thing that I have even loved as I put it as if it is the world that I am living right now...

So, I'll stop this story telling here because I might spoil the series. Well, if you are interested you may tune in to ABS-CBN to watch it or browse some anime website over the net for video streaming. (You can also get a DVD copy from your favorite "Jack Sparrow" outlet and let me borrow it... LOL...)

4 comments:

Anonymous Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:25:00 AM  

hahahah the famous pirate malapit sa mga taiwanese.

Anonymous Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:40:00 AM  

@ Anonymous... yeah yeah, at hindi lang yun... dun sa may gilid ng anu.. hehehe...

web Friday, April 03, 2009 8:33:00 PM  

nice article dude 'coz i loved KIBA too hehehe ^_~

Anonymous Wednesday, January 06, 2010 1:18:00 PM  

haha, nice one!

About This Blog

Extraction Point  © Blogger template 'Star Wars' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP